This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use, process, and disclose your information, including personal information. We take our customers' right to privacy very seriously.
In processing personal data, we are committed to complying with applicable data protection laws and regulations, in particular with the GDPR (in German: DSGVO) and Austria’s data protection and telecommunications legislation.
We do not sell, trade or rent information supplied to us by our customers. In general, we do not reveal any customer information except as may be required by law. This includes contact information (including, but not limited to email address and phone number), as well as any data that customers supply to us in the course of interacting with us.
We send out a newsletter containing information about product updates, special offers, and company news about once a month, but only to customers who explicitely legitimate us to do so. If you want to subscribe to our newsletter, please opt-in during your purchase in our online store or contact our customer service by e-mail. You can unsubscribe again at any time. Every newletter contains information how to unsubscribe and you can also unsubscribe by simply contacting our customer service by e-mail.
Information required by GDPR (in German: DSGVO)
What kind of information we collect/process
As long as you visit our website without supplying personal data, only the usual information stored in Apache log files (in particular your IP address, date and time, name and version of your browser, status code, number of transferred bytes, referrer and some information about the pages visited) is recorded. This information is saved only as a precautionary measure to increase network and information security against attacks and intrusion and is deleted on a regular basis. Furthermore, visits to the website are evaluated based on these logs, but only for statistical purposes, a process in which individual users remain anonymous.
Apart from that, we record personal information only when voluntarily submitted by the visitor, e.g., in our online store, by e-mail, or when visitors fill out other forms. Such information will be used exclusively by us and our partners (e.g., our payment provider MPay24) for the indicated purpose.
Please see the section above.
Purpose of data processing
We use, store, and process information ...
- to deliver our products to our customers.
- to process our customers' orders and inquiries.
- to create usage statistics and to understand our customers' needs and problems to improve our products and our web site.
- to inform our customers about new releases and special offers.
- to recognize, investigate, and prevent abuse of our products and web site.
The legal basis for processing your personal data results from one or several of the below facts:
- Art. 6, Lit. 1a: your given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes (e.g., for sending our newsletter).
- Art. 6, Lit. 1b: the necessity for the performance of the contract between you and us (e.g., purchase).
- Art. 6, Lit. 1c: the need to fulfill our legal/fiscal obligations (e.g., consequence of a purchase).
- Art. 6, Lit. 1f: our legitimate interests to achieve the goals mentioned in the section "Purpose" above.
Transfers of personal data
For above reasons, we may transfer your personal data to service providers to perform functions and provide services to us. We share your payment information with payment service providers to process payments, chargebacks or refunds, for other purposes associated with the acceptance of credit and debit cards, and to prevent, detect, and investigate fraud.
All these service providers are fully committed to GDPR standards and processing is governed by a corresponding contract according to the requirements of the GDPR and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
How long we store your information
In order to achieve the above goals and to provide you with the best possible customer service (recovery of license keys, upgrade discounts, technical support, ...) we store your personal data as long as we continue to maintain and distribute our products and therefore have to be prepared to support our customers, unless you request deletion.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- You have the right to request confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data.
- You have the right to request rectification of inaccurate personal data.
- You have the right to request erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay.
- You have the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, and have the right to transmit those data to another controller.
- You have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Austria or with your local supervisory authority if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes this regulation.
Data Protection Commission in Austria
Wickenburggasse 8-10 1080 Wien
+43 1 52152-0, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact us
In case of any questions or concerns related to the processing of your personal data, please feel free to contact our privacy manager Michael Aichinger here:email@example.com
Last updated on 2022-11-29